This online course is a great preparation for your SKGABC Assistant Overnight Guide (AOG) Training Course. By front loading a lot of theoretical information, you will be able to learn faster and much more while doing the in person part of the course. This prior preparation goes a long way and will allow you to get the most out of your in person course. Be ahead of the game! If you have time and the motivation we suggest you explore the Above and beyond section to deepen and broaden your learning. What you’ll learn:
- Leadership and risk management
- Dealing with food and water
- Logistics and trip planning
- Practical navigation techniques
- Collision regulations
- About swell, waves, tides and currents and their impact
- How weather systems are formed and affect you.
- Conservation ethics
- Tarpology 101
- How to read and use a marine chart
- Advanced practical navigation techniques
- Navigating with a compass and electronic navigation
- How to calculate tides and currents
- How to record and interpret marine weather on the VHF radio
- And much more…
- Click here to see the detailed lessons you will learn
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course other than the desire to become more knowledgeable about the exciting world of sea kayak guiding.
Your subscription gives you 365 days access to your online course.